Thursday, October 16, 2008

Surgery Of Piles (Haemorrhoidectomy)-Day 2

Operation Day. First time ever, hope to be the last as well. Wonder why they name the Opearion Room as OPERATION THEATER. But then after the operation, I guess i realized it.

I was transfer to other bed and directed by nursing staff to the OT. The OT section staff then signing some documents and receiving me as good(audience? You just can't imagine, I was pulled into the waiting room by 0900, and I had to lay down and waited for 2 hours before reaching my turn. On and off, nurses, Dr will came and explain to me and confirm of my signature as to avoid of operate wrong person due to wrong info.

Finally, I saw Dr Mano reached to me and tell me, 'don't worry, you will be relief after the operation'. I told him, "Finally I had a better understanding when people said it is pain in the ass", Dr laugh at me and walked to rest room awaiting for his turn. Being awake, looking at the patient was sending in for operation and sent out after operation, I told myself I am not alone anyway.

Dr operated me around 1100am and complete at 1115am. As i was performed under the appropriate anesthesia, unconsciousness at my lower part of the body, I still can talk to Dr Mano during the symphony. and guess what, The Dr was singing the Hindustan which i used to hear from my wife, with some chit chat with me and staffs assisting the orchestra.

No comments: